Thursday, May 22, 2008

Still Waiting!



So after a long Sunday evening at mom and dads we had just gotten home and I hear Kynlee choking. It was a moment I never want to have to experience again. I ran over and tried to "sweep" her mouth and get whatever it was out. I felt something hard and flat, I figured it was a coin but I wasn't for sure.

I called for Nick and he ran down and tried to get it out again and he couldn't feel anything. She was still choking. I remember hearing that as long as they are breathing they will probably cough it up themselves but I couldn't just sit there and do nothing.....I called my dad. He obviously couldn't be much help when he wasn't there....he just told me that if she stopped breathing to give her the Heimlich and call 911. Then they said they were on the way.

Shortly after I hung up she must have swallowed it cause she was all smiles and Xander kept saying "see baby happy" She's ok mom.

Well Monday came and we took her into the clinic to see what was really inside of her. Looks to be a penny. It still hasn't made it's "EXIT" yet but I am still waiting and sifting every diaper change. Tomorrow if it still hasn't arrived we will be going in for another xray.



Since Sunday she has fallen off the motorcycle (Xanders), got her head stuck between the stairs and the baby gate, fallen off the coffee table and choked on a potato chip!

I sure hope she makes it to TWO!

2 comments:

Briannia said...

Oh my goodness, aren't kids so accident proned!! Choking is one of the things I fear most! It sounds like you handled it well though. Now, lets hope it comes out(:

Shelley said...

I'll pray for a poo full of money for you!;)