Monday, December 8, 2008

Bribes

Xander is getting really bad about going to bed and staying in bed. He used to be so good. I just don't know what happened. So tonight I thought I would try a little bribery. This kids LOVES chocolate ( takes after hims momma!)

So after prayers, potty, chocolate milk, potty, band aid(not kidding but you get the idea) I walked him to his bed and slowly open a bliss chocolate square and set it down by his bed. I tell him "Xander, if you chose to eat this chocolate you are promising to stay in bed, because this chocolate is only for good little boys who go to bed and stay in bed." Of course he gobbled it up. I was really thinking I was pretty dang smart and that it had worked and about 30 minutes later he comes downstairs looking like this.....




HELP!!! He's so dang cute I just cant be mad. I need some helpful children hints!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha - I can picture it perfectly!! His devious little smile after he sees your reaction....what a freaking cutie!

Unknown said...

My advice wouldn't be very good since Hallie is almost four and we just got her to sleep in her own room. Prior to that her toddler bed was in our room...oops.So I say bribe all you want if it works you are still a year ahead of us.Your pictures are adorable and the card is stinking cute too.

Nicolette said...

Ha! Next time slip an Ambien in the chocolate!

Nicolette said...

435-213-6396 Can't wait to see you at Christmas!

Sam and Ash said...

So, chocolate AND whipped cream - what kind of mom are you? :> Adee is soooo the same! Your blog is so cute! I love it! :>

Camille Winter said...

Harmony... I feel your pain! Lacey does really good for a while and then goes for a week being horrible! I like your bribery choice. I would stay in my bed if there was chocolate on my pillow! That is so cute! Xander looks so grown up!!!

Becky said...

Ha! Good Luck w/ that Harm! At least you only have 1 getting out of bed! I'm sure I'll have to bribe the twins at some point! They already get bottles! Which I know is so bad, but it's the only way I can get 2 down at the same time! Whatever works for us right! :)

Unknown said...

The way it goes at our house is Kash comes into our bed about an hour or 2 after he falls asleep, he tells me "mom go to YOUR bed" so I get up and go into his bed which has now become mine. So I'd be the one with chocolate all over my face. :)